We are now hiring a Pricing Officer who will be based in our office in Copenhagen. The role is important for our continued success in a highly competitive and fast changing market environment. You will be working closely with the sales team and different stakeholders at our head office in Dubai.
As a person you are very structured, focused, have flair for numbers and experience from either airline pricing/yield management or travel trade ticketing/back-office function. You are able to handle multiple tasks at the same time not losing sight of the goals. Furthermore you have a good commercial understanding, negotiating- and diplomatic skills, are able to keep tight deadlines and short notice assignments.
Main Job Outline
● Assist the various market segments in preparing tariffs in both the public and private arena.
● Plan, coordinate and execute Strategic and Tactical price initiatives in close cooperation with the sales team and Head office Pricing. Ensure proper distribution of fares in all sales channels.
● Co-ordinate all matters relating to the collation and maintaining of competitor pricing and tariff information and any tactical initiatives. Provide monthly summary reports of competitors’ activity including market share assessments and forward trends. Make recommendations as necessary to achieve revenue targets with optimum yields on a route by route basis.
● Liaise with Head office Pricing and Yield Management to obtain the necessary approvals to achieve the Danish revenue and yield objectives, providing support analysis and competitor information as necessary. Prepare and make the appropriate tariff filing with the relevant authorities to obtain the necessary approvals to pursue the EK marketing and sales objectives.
● Support the sales team in preparation of business cases and tactical initiatives.
● Manage back-office pricing queries from trade partners, other markets and Head office.
● Ensure an awareness of industry technological advances and changes, in particular the creative use of GDS’s, the internet and any other distribution systems. Provide monthly reports on industry distribution methods and make appropriate recommendations.
● Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Tariffs and Ticketing.
● A thorough knowledge of fare construction, ticketing, refunds and pro rates and the main GDS’s.A working understanding of the main GDS’s used in the Danish market.
● Ability to analyse data and prepare analytical reports, covering market shares and trends.
● Fluent in both spoken and written English and Danish.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic multicultural organisation and would like to apply for the above position, please visit emiratesgroupcareers.com to view the position using reference 170000PG and to complete our online application process by 13th August 2017.
The Emirates story started in 1985 when we launched operations with just two aircraft. Today, we fly the world’s biggest fleets of Airbus A380s and Boeing 777s, offering our customers the comforts of the latest and most efficient wide-body aircraft in the skies.
We inspire travellers around the world with our growing network of destinations, industry leading inflight entertainment, regionally inspired cuisine and world-class service.
Join Emirates. Hello Tomorrow!